From: PMG [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: 04 July 2007 04:28 PM
Subject: Comment: Service Charter of Victims of Crime implementation plans
The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is the lead agency for Service Charter of Victims of Crime (hereafter referred to as the Victims Charter).
The Justice Department and various other government departments are currently engaged in a process of drafting implementations plans for the Victims Charter.
As part of the drafting process, the Justice Department has, from November 2006 – June 2007, consulted with provincial government departments. The Justice Department would like to receive input from civil society organizations on:
* What services are offered to victims of crime
* What services government should offer victims of crime
* How to strengthen government and civil society partnerships to support victims of crime
* Proposals on how civil society should monitor implementation of the Victims Charter
* Any other issues related to the Victims Charter that you believe the Justice Department should be informed about
Submissions can be emailed to Naomi Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2007, Tuesday.
Parliamentary Monitoring Group
Access to all Parliamentary Committee information
Tel 021 465 8885